Tuesday, May 9, 2017

DIY Gift Idea: Simple Sugar Scrub Recipe

It's that time of year again to recognize that special teacher in your child's life. I swear, now that I'm the parent instead of the teacher, the entire 9 month school year goes by faster than the 3 months of summer combined. Why is that? And how come pregnancy doesn't work like that too?

Last year, I did a free printable for teacher appreciation and I also shared some idea of things teachers REALLY want from students at the end of the school year. If you haven't already, I would definitely check that out!

This year, after racking my brain for something fun but still inexpensive, I found this super easy, all-natural recipe for a sugar scrub that I LOVED and decided to make some to give away to my kids' teachers. The recipe is sooooooooooo easy and is one you'll want to file away when you need a great gift for a friend (think Christmas and Birthdays!).

photo via


4 Ingredient Sugar Scrub:

  • 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
  • 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil, melted
  • 1 Tablespoon extract of your choice (think vanilla, almond, peppermint, raspberry, coconut...or a combination!)
Mix the ingredients well. You can mix by hand or I used my food processor to make sure everything was mixed really well. 

Transfer mixture into an airtight container and it will keep for up to 2 weeks. 

This scrub would be cute paired with a colorful nail file and bottle of nail-polish. Add in the printable gift tag below and you've got yourself an easy, inexpensive gift your child's teacher will love!

photo via
To download the toe-tally awesome teacher tag, click HERE

Don't forget to check out my shop to see if there's anything else the teacher in your life would love. And remember, I do custom orders too! Whether it's an invitation, announcement, or a custom print for your home, I do it all! Thanks for stopping by!