Thursday, August 20, 2015

Get Dinner Under Control, plus FAVORITE recipes roundup!!

It's back to school time! Can you believe it? If you're like me, you might be feeling giddy anticipation that maybe, just maybe, your kids will stop fighting for TWO MINUTES and also a touch of sadness that the days of sleeping in until 8am and staying up late playing outside are over.

My latest project has been something I have wanted to do for a while and it just so happened that it coincided with back to school. Have you ever fallen into a "What's for Dinner?" rut? I have, big time! I know that I cook. I know that I try new recipes. However when meal planning comes around, I find myself looking at my cookbooks and Pinterest boards like making dinner is a foreign concept I have never done before. I have made new recipes for my family that they have raved about, but then never make them again. Why do I do this to myself? Finally, I took the time to compile our family favorite recipes all in one place to help me plan out my family's meals.
 Here's what my family favorite meals look like. Feel free to use mine or print the blank one below. You can also use this with my free grocery shopping list & menu planner.
 Here's how this is going to work for me: I've printed out a copy of our favorite tried and true meals and laminated it. Each week as I plan our meals before heading to the grocery store, I can refer to the list instead of sitting at the table with a blank stupor on my face. I'll use a dry erase marker to cross off the meals for that week and then repeat until all the meals are crossed off. Hopefully this will give us a variety of meals and make sure I am not just making the same things over and over.

TIPS: If you use Pinterest like I do to find new recipes, I would recommend printing out the recipes you like and plan to use often. I've made myself a "Pinterest cookbook" (aka, a binder with dividers) where I store all the recipes I've found. I do this because sometimes links to recipes are removed, or your internet is being slow that day, or child is using your phone/ipad/computer and you don't feel like interrupting this little moment of peace and quiet.

Curious about any of the recipes you see on my menu planning sheet? I've compiled some of the recipes below:
Need more back to school helps?
We've got CHORE CHARTS and SCHOOL PRINTABLES. (HERE are some too!) Also, head over to my shop and see if there's anything else that might tickle your fancy! Thanks for stopping by!